Our Client (or “the Company”) is an established and growing group of 14 companies providing niche INDUSTRIAL SERVICES as one of numerous operating units of a large Houston-based publicly-traded company (“Parent Company”) providing industrial and other related services through 3 Segments around the world through multiple operating companies.
– SOUTHEAST HOUSTON HQ IN THE BELTWAY 8/I-45 CLEAR LAKE CITY/BAY OAKS COUNTRY CLUB AREA/US & CANADA OPERATIONS (MOSTLY TX/LA GULF COAST)/STEADY GROWTH COMPANY – The Company currently has ~3,800 employees – all nonunion, mostly seasonal with 90% paid weekly, Direct Labor Contractors operating in the field at Company’s customers’ plants et al – including ~100 in Houston HQ including the 3-person Senior Management Team – CEO, COO, CFO – supported by 3 Operational SVPs for the Company’s 3 primary service lines, 14 functional area VPs/Directors, and the F&A Team including 13 employees currently on the Company’s Payroll Team: the Payroll Manager, 2 Senior Payroll Specialists, 5 Payroll Processors, and 5 Payroll Administrators. The Company operates from HQ currently through 6 Field Offices in 4 States mostly along the TX/LA Gulf Coast and enjoys steady, stable growth with a stellar Houston-based Parent Company.
– RECURRING CLIENT OF WM SHIRLEY – With multiple Placements on the Company’s F&A Team since 2014.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, an industry and payroll veteran who joined the Company in 2011, the PAYROLL SUPERVISOR duties are:
– OVERALL – Assist the Payroll Manager with the Company’s payroll function ensuring system functionality and compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
– PAYROLL PROCESSING (ALL IN-HOUSE/90% WEEKLY) – Oversee the processing of full cycle biweekly and weekly payrolls in multiple states and jurisdictions.
– GARNISHMENTS – Process wage garnishments, as necessary.
– PAYROLL ACCOUNTING – Balance all payroll accounts and resolve payroll discrepancies.
– EMPLOYEE QUERIES/ASSISTANCE – Maintain customer service attitude to provide payroll information to employees on an as needed basis per each employee query.
– REPORTING – Prepare monthly and weekly reports for management with current templates and/or newly created ones.
– PAYROLL TAXES – Ensure all quarterly payroll taxes/forms and annual Form W-2s are filed accurately and timely.
– STATUTORY COMPLIANCE – Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforce adherence to requirements; advise management on needed actions.
– INTERDEPARTMENTAL RELATIONS – Work between the Finance and HR departments to achieve payroll tasks and objectives.
– POLICIES & PROCEDURES – Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies & procedures.
– CONFIDENTIALITY – Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential on a timely basis.
– FINANCIAL AUDIT ASSISTANCE – Assist with financial audits related to pay records and associated General Ledger.
– OTHER – Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Participate in various job duties/responsibilities and special projects as directed or determined on own initiative.
– MANAGERIAL & SUPERVISORY – Lead/manage/develop, along with the Payroll Manager, all Payroll Staff which currently consists of 2 Senior Payroll Specialists, 5 Payroll Processors, and 5 Payroll Administrators, and complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results. Maintain payroll staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees, while planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
– LEADERSHIP – Providing leadership toward additional value-added activities and supporting operational and departmental excellence, while fostering teamwork between all functions. Maintaining honest and ethical conduct, including the ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest between personal and professional relationships.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
– BASE SALARY (ANNUALIZED): In the $80,000 to $100,000+ range, commensurate with Qualifications
– 401(k) Plan – Matched 100% of the first 3% and 50% of the next 3% (4.5% Max Match)
– Company subsidized Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance
– At least 2 weeks of Company-paid vacation in addition to customary US Holidays
– Free parking and business casual dress M-TH with Jeans on Friday
– In-House High-Volume Multi-State Payroll & Benefits Processing Management Experience